Thrift Store Location
4516 Missouri Flat Rd. Placerville, CA. 95667 [map]
Thrift Store Hours
- Monday-Saturday: 9:00am–5:30pm
Thrift Store Donation Hours
- Monday-Saturday: 9:15am–5:15pm
Donation Center Manager
- Ralph Thomure
Look for us on E-Bay
Visit our eBay Store
New Beginnings Donation Guidelines
We Gladly Accept Gently Used or New Items
With a Thrift Store Value of Over $2.00
- Quality Clothing/Shoes & Accessories
- Refrigerators/Freezers/Washers/Dryers/ Air Conditioners/ Heaters/Vacuums in
good working condition Jewelry
Games, toys and sports equipment
- Wheelchairs, Walkers, Etc.
- Housewares: dishes, glassware, kitchen utensils, lamps and small appliances
- Collectibles, antiques, knickknacks and other giftware
- Hand tools and small power tools
- linens, curtains, blankets, etc. depending on space and back stock
- Stereos, radios, DVD players, etc.
- Furniture: dressers, tables, sofas, bed frames, (except waterbed frames) etc.
- Flat screen TVs (we only accept flat screen TVs, no CRTs)
- Other large items
- Flat Screen Monitors
- Mainframe computers
- Compact disc players
- DVD Players
- Electronic games
- Remote controls
- Tape players
- Two-way radios
- Electric typewriters
- Cell phones
- Answering machines
- Telephone systems
WE TAKE UNWANTED VEHICLE DONATIONS
Tractors, Cars, Trucks, Airplanes, Boats, Trailers, Etc. Please call us at (530)344-7200 for vehicle donations.
We accept Linens and Clothing Depending On BACK STOCK and SPACE AVAILABLE IN OUR WAREHOUSE.
Ultimately all donations accepted/rejected are by staff discretion.
Unfortunately, we DO NOT offer home pick-up of donations at this time.
Items We Cannot Accept
It's hard to say "no thank you" to a donation when those donations help to fund New Beginnings Programs. However, we do need to refuse some items for being non-recyclable or containing hazardous materials. Other times, the item must be refused because it costs more to transport, repair or refurbish than it can be sold for in our stores. Our donation attendants are trained to know what we can and cannot accept, and will help guide you to other possibilities for donations we cannot use.
We cannot accept the following items:
- No household chemical products such as pesticides, paint, paint thinner, drain cleaner, oven cleaner, aerosols and other environmentally-unfriendly waste products.
- No automotive hazardous waste such as tires, lead acid batteries, additives, gasoline, oils, antifreeze, etc.
- No personal care items such as shampoo, conditioner, nail polish remover, shaving cream, hair sprays, or shavers unless new
- No fragrance items unless new
- No mattresses/box springs, including waterbed mattresses and waterbed frames
- No carpet or carpet padding
- No plumbing fixtures or building materials
- No traditional recyclables such as glass, newsprint, office paper, cardboard, plastics, magazines, junk mail, etc.
- No cribs, car seats, walkers or other products that do not meet the current safety standards of the US Consumer Product Safety Commission, including recalled items.
- Used Mattresses—due to bio hazard / bed bug concerns.
- Items with thrift store value of less than $2.00
- VHS Tapes
- Books (Other than Cookbooks, Christian Books and DIY)
- Chemicals—specialized disposal process (unless it is something we know for sure that we can use—i.e. select cleaning supplies)
- Used Tires—also a specialized disposal process and are very expensive to dispose of.
- E-Waste Items (non-working electronics/appliances) - we currently do not have the system, manpower, or budget in place to constantly recycle these.
- Structurally-Compromised Furniture—we don't want any one getting hurt (personnel/customer) nor expose ourselves to potential lawsuits. However, there are exceptions when the item is a repairable antique item (subject to management's approval).
- Car / Booster Seats—Due to recall issues we can only accept NEW.
- Linens / Blankets / Soiled Sleeping Pillows -due to bio hazard / bed bug concerns. We will accept NEW.
- Tube TVs—buying market is virtually gone and they are an expense to recycle.
- Wet/Smelly/Damaged/Heavily-Soiled Articles (includes clothes, couches, toys, etc)
Store volunteers are needed!
The New Beginnings Thrift Store provides financial support to the ministry. In addition, it supplies needed items and is an outreach to our community. We need cashiers, treasure hunters, administrative help and dock assistance.
4516 Missouri Flat Rd., Placerville